Home

Thursday 29 December 2011

From Off The Top Ropes....

Okay, here's the scoop, I like wrestling and more specifically I like old school wrestling, not too old school mind, you'll find very little Lou Thesz here i'm afraid, i'm talking 80's through to around 2000/2001.
Now, the problem is, I don't much care for todays product, well at least not the two companys that currently get UK television airtime, and this means to satisfy my rasslin' itch I have to reach back to the past and seek out and watch the old school stuff I grew up with. I won't lie to you it's a lonely business folks, not many people want to sit through a 27 minute The Fantastics vs Eddie Gilbert and Ron Simmons match.
So I figure i'll watch these matches, these PPV's, these documentaries, and share my thoughts with YOU and anyone else either also afflicted by this curse or simply here because they found a strange poetic beauty in the word Slobberknocker.
As i've never reviewed a match before it might be a painful experience and possibly one i'll soon grow tired of, but lets see what happens shall we....

The first event i'll review will no doubt be Clash of the Champions VII: Guts and Glory - why? well i'm currently working through the COTC events and thats next, I know it would probably make more sense to start with Clash Of The Champions I and work back through, but frankly even I don't fancy that 27 minute Fantastics match again just yet either!!
*shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment